Buying & Selling
Your home purchase is not only an investment in your future, it's a powerful tax benefit as well. You can deduct both the interest in home mortgage payments as well as property taxes.
Home ownership frees you from the whims and dictates of a landlord. There will be no unexpected rent hikes. You will be able to decorate as you like, have a dog or cat, and make improvements on your property. You gain privacy and the freedom of expression.
Pride of Ownership
Perhaps the most intangible, yet powerful advantage is the pride of ownership. A home gives you and your family a feeling of stability and commitment. A special sense of security and satisfaction comes as you begin to put roots down in a neighborhood. Your family will enjoy the benefits of this decision for many years.
To sell and market a house requires specialized skills, is time consuming, and costs money. Are you prepared to buy advertising space? Advertising is one way to let the buying public know your house is on the market. If not, can you afford the time it will take to sell your house with only a sign in the yard? Are you willing to stay close to home for days, weeks, maybe months to show your house? Do you possess the necessary legal and financial knowledge to answer the buyers' questions, negotiate a contract, or close a sale?
If you answered "No" to any of the above questions, perhaps hiring a real estate firm to help would be the most efficient way to sell your house. They can be indispensable to you in the following ways. A real estate professional will:
- Access the Multiple Listing Service (MLS)
- Assist with pricing based on Comparative Market Analysis
- Provide a detailed marketing plan
- Screen potential buyers for financial qualifications
- Suggest ways to make your property more attractive to buyers
- Show your home whether or not you are there
- Answer potential buyers' questions
- Present all offers
- Assist with negotiating the best sale price
- Facilitate the closing process